Header Ads

MY ENDORSEMENT IS A VOTE OF CONFIDENCE, SAYS DANKWAMBO

Governor Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe State has described his recent endorsement by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state for the 2015 governorship elections as a vote of confidence passed on him.
In an interview with journalists at the weekend, Dankwambo said despite the endorsement, he would consult widely with the people and relevant stakeholders in the state before making any declaration.
“I was surprised that there was a vote of confidence not endorsement by my people that they don’t mind if I will continue. That will depend on the outcome of discussions and consultations with the people of Gombe State.
“Politics and governance is about people. If I stand and say I want to continue, I will not be fair to my party. I need to make some consultations, interact and communicate with some people and see if really I will have their support,” he said.
The governor added: “I may have the support of my party but I require the support of the people of Gombe State, so in due course, I will tell you exactly what my position is.”
The PDP in Gombe had at the end of the state executive meeting on Wednesday issued a communiqué in which it endorsed Dankwambo and called on the people of the state to support the administration.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.