Header Ads

Oshiomhole: I’m qualified to be president

Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has reiterated that he is very qualified to be President of Nigeria, and for which aspiration he should not be haunted by the Federal Government should he decide to contest.
Oshiomhole spoke late Saturday at a mass rally in Benin City where he received a mammoth crowd of defectors of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in Edo State that joined the All Progressives Congress, APC.
At the rally, a leader of the PDP and former chairman of the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers in Edo State, Comrade Johnbull Asemota, along with the incumbent Chairman, Comrade Osahon Osamuyi, 20 members of the Uhumwonde local government area PDP executives, as well as over 3,000 members of NUPENG, formally joined the APC, after which they were received by Edo APC chairman, Anselm Ojezua.
According to the leader of the defectors, Asemota, he decided to pitch his tent with the APC to lend support to the giant developmental strides of the governor.
Receiving the supporters, an ecstatic Oshiomhole declared, “I am happy today that many people have continued to see the development projects of this administration, especially Uhumwonde people, by joining the APC. This man you see with me is a Comrade like me and those people who separated us before now have gone and he is back with us today. In fact, PDP is finished in Uhumwonde local government area.
“For too long, a few people have held Edo State in bondage. They pocket everything they see and have reduced the state to a laughing stock. When I arrived here in 2007, PDP said I was joking, that they will rig the election because everybody as at then believed that rigging was a way of life. But we have demobilised them.
“In all elections conducted from the units to the 192 wards in the state, we have defeated the PDP. God has used us to deepen their graves because God can see our heart. I read a report in one of the national newspapers last week where the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, said the trouble in Edo is caused by the Comrade Governor because he wants to become the next Vice-President of Nigeria.
“Right there in the Villa in Abuja, I told them that I am qualified to be the President of Nigeria because I have the qualifications, the integrity, the pedigree and the capacity to do so. I have commanded the productive forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as President of the Nigeria Labour Congress for eight years.
“The issue of President or Vice-President is not the problem. I have a job which I applied for. I have asked for the mandate to govern Edo State and I promised to deliver on my promises even without any stated point or agenda.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.